Zipline Tour Guide
Highline Adventures is looking for enthusiastic individuals who enjoy spending time outdoors and interacting with new people every day!
As a Zipline Tour Guide you will be specially trained to educate, guide and assist guests through the zipline course. You will also be responsible for completing inspections, maintaining required course forms, adhering to company safety standards and ensuring positive, memorable experiences for all. The ideal candidate is charismatic, friendly, reliable and able to engage with all guests.
About Highline Adventures
Highline Adventures is a leading outdoor recreation company that offers thrilling and memorable experiences in California’s Santa Ynez Valley. With some of the longest and fastest ziplines in the state, our zipline tour offers breathtaking views over the valley and our protea flower fields. Our Adventure Park, featuring 65+ challenges at heights up to 60 feet above the ground, provides a fun and challenging way to get outside and enjoy the beauty of the oak grove. Our commitment to safety, innovation, and community is at the heart of everything we do, and we are dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for families, tourists, and groups. Whether you’re seeking a fun family adventure or an exciting group outing, Highline Adventures has something for everyone. Come experience the thrill of the outdoors with Highline Adventures.
- Must complete course training (paid) and pass fitness for duty test prior to working first shift
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (21 years to cross train as Driver).
- Must be able to perform the physical aspects of the job (lifting, bending, climbing, standing, hiking for extended periods of time).
- Current First Aid and CPR, or completion within first 30 days
- Must be able to work rain or shine, and on weekends/holidays.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups and interacting with a diverse clientele (locals, families, school groups etc.).
- Must demonstrate excellent decision making skills, ability to multitask, and be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must display an outgoing and friendly attitude both with guests and other employees to promote a positive work environment and memorable customer experience.
- Must be a strong team player and communicate well with coworkers and management.
- Experience on ziplines is preferred.
- Experience working in the tourism or customer service industry is preferred.
- Working toward a University or College degree in a related field is an asset.
- Must be proficient in English. Second language is an asset.
- Greet guests as they arrive on the site, answer questions about reservations and the course.
- Educate guests on the natural surroundings; geographical location, local history, flora, fauna, coastal climate, vista landmarks.
- Outfit guests with harnesses and helmets. Ensure proper fit and wear.
- Relay all safety instructions to guests in a clear and concise manner.
- Guide guests through zipline courses, ensure guest safety, and monitor each guest’s experience while on course.
- Routinely practice/perform zipline retrievals and rescues.
- Ensure proper set up and use of all gear. Clean gear after use.
- Complete routine equipment and course inspections and fill out required inspection forms – bring any safety/maintenance concerns to a manager’s attention.
- Assist with site clean up and maintenance.
- Follow emergency first aid protocols and be comfortable performing First Aid.
- Work well with other guides to create a cohesive work environment dedicated to providing a memorable customer experience.
- Attend specific training when hired, and regularly throughout employment.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of every position at our company.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
Shifts available Thursday through Sunday. Training shifts typically Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays. Full time, Part time, and Seasonal hours available. Weather permitting.
Starting pay $18/hr. Pay rate increases after higher levels of certification achieved.
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave
- Retirement savings options
- Employee discounts
- In-house Zipline Training transferable to other locations around the world
- In-house CPR and First Aid Certification offered
- Opportunity to work with a team members that are equally focused on guest experiences and a positive, health-forward work culture