Welcome Center Attendant
August 1, 2022
Highline Adventures is looking for cheerful individuals who enjoy helping others and being part of an exciting team.
As a Basecamp Support Staff member you will manage the community epicenter for both guests and team members. You will be responsible for answering phones, greeting guests, check in’s, and assisting guests as they begin their adventure. You will be a key player in keeping tours running smoothly so good communication skills are a MUST! Tour guides will be relying on you to keep them informed throughout the day. The ideal candidate is friendly, organized, able to multitask, and enjoys being part of a team.
About Highline Adventures
Highline Adventures is situated in the Santa Ynez Valley outside of Buellton, California on a 1200 acre ranch. There are 3 tandem ziplines, ranging 1500-3360 feet long and 1000 feet off the ground, overlooking the breathtaking Santa Ynez Valley. This will be the longest and fastest zipline in California. The aerial ropes course consists of 85 different elements to climb, crawl, swing, and hang from all suspended amongst old growth Oak trees.
At Highline Adventures, our mission is to provide the ultimate outdoor experience for people of all ages to experience the Santa Ynez Valley. We seek to educate visitors on the history, environment and culture of the area through a series of adventures and outdoor activities. Our attention to security and process will ensure that visitors feel safe and welcome as they push their limits and explore throughout Highline Adventures.
- Must be comfortable speaking to new people and interacting with a diverse clientele (locals, families, school groups etc.).
- Must be able to switch tasks easily, and juggle different responsibilities throughout the day.
- Must be a strong team player and communicate well with coworkers and management.
- Must have keen attention to detail to ensure schedules run smoothly.
- Must have basic computer and math skills.
- Experience working in the tourism or customer service industry is an asset.
- Must be able to work rain or shine, and on weekends/holidays.
- Must be proficient in English. Second language strongly desired.
- Must be at least 16 years of age (restrictions apply to candidates under 18).
- Review and communicate the day’s tour schedules with tour guides prior to opening.
- Greet guests as they arrive on the site with a friendly and calm demeanor to set the tone for a smooth and memorable experience.
- Check guests in to scheduled tour, receive payment and waiver, and answer any questions they may have about the adventure park.
- Direct guests to where their tour will begin and who will be the next team member taking care of them.
- Call team members on the radio to communicate schedule changes or special tour information.
- Keep the welcome center and restrooms clean, tidy and presentable.
- Work well with all team members to create a cohesive work environment dedicated to providing a memorable customer experience.
- Assist team members in cleaning and storing safety gear after use.
- Relay any guest concerns or maintenance issues to management.
- Greet guests after they arrive back at the welcome center after a tour in a friendly, social manner. Offer beverages and concessions.
- Be able to answer guest questions about local attractions.
- Count register at end of shift; fill out daily register receipt and submit to office.
- Clean floors, surfaces, and restrooms.
- Restock concessions.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
Opening shift 8:30am – 2:30pm
Closing shift 11:30am – 5:30pm
- Direct deposit available
- Retirement savings options
- Opportunity to cross train in other positions available depending on qualifications
- In house Wilderness CPR and First Aid certification provided
- Opportunity to work with a brand new crew that is equally focused on guest experiences and a positive, health-forward work culture.
- Employee discounts
- Friends & family discounts
- Accrued paid time off
- Paid Holidays