Highline Adventures is looking for cheerful individuals who enjoy helping others and being part of an exciting team.
As a Basecamp Support Staff member you will manage the community epicenter for both guests and team members. You will be responsible for answering phones, greeting guests, check in’s, and assisting guests as they begin their adventure. You will be a key player in keeping tours running smoothly so good communication skills are a MUST! Tour guides will be relying on you to keep them informed throughout the day. The ideal candidate is friendly, organized, able to multitask, and enjoys being part of a team.
About Highline Adventures
Highline Adventures is a leading outdoor recreation company that offers thrilling and memorable experiences in California’s Santa Ynez Valley. With some of the longest and fastest ziplines in the state, our zipline tour offers breathtaking views over the valley and our protea flower fields. Our Adventure Park, featuring 65+ challenges at heights up to 60 feet above the ground, provides a fun and challenging way to get outside and enjoy the beauty of the oak grove. Our commitment to safety, innovation, and community is at the heart of everything we do, and we are dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for families, tourists, and groups. Whether you’re seeking a fun family adventure or an exciting group outing, Highline Adventures has something for everyone. Come experience the thrill of the outdoors with Highline Adventures.
- Must be at least 16 years of age (candidates under 18 must be able to obtain CA work permit).
- Must be comfortable speaking to new people and interacting with a diverse clientele (locals, families, tourists, school groups etc.).
- Must be able to switch tasks easily, and juggle different responsibilities throughout the day.
- Must be a strong team player and communicate well with coworkers and management.
- Must have keen attention to detail to ensure schedules run smoothly.
- Must have basic computer and math skills.
- Experience working in the tourism, customer service, or retail industry is an asset.
- Must be able to work rain or shine, and on weekends/holidays.
- Must be proficient in English. Second language desired.
- Review and communicate the day’s tour schedules with tour guides prior to opening.
- Greet guests as they arrive on the site with a friendly and calm demeanor to set the tone for a smooth and memorable experience.
- Check guests in to scheduled tour, receive payment and waiver, and answer any questions they may have about the adventure park.
- Direct guests to where their tour will begin and who will be the next team member taking care of them.
- Call team members on the radio to communicate schedule changes or special tour information.
- Keep the welcome center and restrooms clean, tidy and presentable.
- Work well with all team members to create a cohesive work environment dedicated to providing a memorable customer experience.
- Assist team members in cleaning and storing safety gear after use.
- Relay any guest concerns or maintenance issues to management.
- Greet guests after they arrive back at the welcome center after a tour in a friendly, social manner. Offer beverages and concessions.
- Be able to answer guest questions about local attractions.
- Use Point of Sale system to complete merchandise sales.
- Balance register at end of shift; submit register reports to office.
- Clean floors, surfaces, and restrooms.
- Restock concessions and merchandise.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation Time (FT employees only)
- Retirement Savings options (FT employees only, begin 2024)
- Opportunity to work with a brand new crew that is equally focused on guest experiences and a positive, health-forward work culture
- Employee discounts
- Use of onsite recreational facilities