Adventure Park Operations Manager
August 1, 2022
Do you crave adventure?
Are you looking for a thrilling career that will allow you to spend your time outdoors, interacting with new people every day? Looking to manage a fun team that promotes a healthy lifestyle and positivity? If so, apply today as an Adventure Park Operations Manager!
Highline Adventures is seeking a hard-working, and enthusiastic individual to fill a full-time position managing a new and upcoming adventure park in the Santa Barbara region of California. This job will require a high level of organizational and problem solving skills in order to manage multiple departments of the business. We are looking for an ambitious leader with strong communication skills who will strive to exceed expectations within all sectors.
About Highline Adventures
Highline Adventures is situated in the Santa Ynez Valley outside of Buellton, California on a 1200 acre ranch. There are 3 tandem ziplines, ranging 1500-3360 feet long and 1000 feet off the ground, overlooking the breathtaking Santa Ynez Valley. This will be the longest and fastest zipline in California. The aerial ropes course consists of 85 different elements to climb, crawl, swing, and hang from all suspended amongst old growth Oak trees.
At Highline Adventures, our mission is to provide the ultimate outdoor experience for people of all ages to experience the Santa Ynez Valley. We seek to educate visitors on the history, environment and culture of the area through a series of adventures and outdoor activities. Our attention to safety and quality customer service will ensure that visitors feel safe and welcome as they push their limits and explore throughout Highline Adventures.
- At least 3 years experience in a management position.
- At least 3 years experience working in the tourism or customer service industry.
- Experience working on ziplines and ropes courses is highly desirable.
- University or College degree in a related field is considered an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups and interacting with a diverse clientele (locals, families, school groups etc.).
- Must demonstrate excellent decision making skills, ability to multitask, and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must display an outgoing and friendly attitude both with guests and employees to promote a positive work environment and memorable customer experience.
- Must be available to work rain or shine, and on weekends/holidays.
- Must be proficient in English. Second language strongly desired.
- Must be able to perform the physical aspects of the job (lifting, bending, climbing, standing, hiking for extended periods of time).
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a clean driving record.
- Coordinate tour schedules, employees schedules, and shift changes to ensure guest satisfaction and smooth workflow.
- Ensure tour guides are providing thorough instructions and safety checks.
- Ensure all peoples are adhering to safety guidelines at all times.
- Administer daily operational checks to ensure all gear and equipment are in compliance with safety regulations.
- Ensure gear is properly cleaned, stored, prepared for future guests.
- Oversee all maintenance needs in the welcome center and the courses.
- Communicate safety/maintenance concerns to appropriate team members.
- Address any guest complaints or concerns.
- Follow emergency protocols and be comfortable performing First Aid.
- Oversee any injuries and submit required documentation as soon as injury is reported.
- Assist in the hiring and onboarding process of new employees.
- Provide comprehensive training to employees both at the start of employment and throughout employment as required.
- Maintain training and meeting records.
- Work creatively with the team to create a cohesive work environment dedicated to providing a memorable customer experience.
- Monitor staff moral and make adjustments when needed.
- Check and submit employee hours to Office Manager for payroll.
- Communicate employee successes and complaints with Management Team.
- Plan and implement appropriate disciplinary actions and forms for general employee complaints.
- Assist Team with maintaining an efficient flow of traffic from beginning to end of tour.
Sales and Marketing
- Build positive relationships within the community.
- Actively monitor the daily, weekly and monthly sales.
- Ensure the cash register balances every day.
- Ensure the reservation system is being used accurately.
- Ensure all purchases are within budget.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Direct deposit available
- Retirement savings options
- In-house zipline course training transferable to other locations around the world
- In-house Wilderness CPR and First Aid certification provided
- Opportunity to work with a brand new crew that is equally focused on guest experiences and a positive, health-forward work culture.
- Accrued paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Friends & family discounts
- Paid Holidays